This is his third radio address since he was re-elected for a second term in May.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing the nation on his monthly radio broadcast "Mann Ki Baat". This is his third radio address since he was re-elected for a second term in May. In his first episode of "Mann Ki Baat" on June 30 after the Lok Sabha election, PM Modi discussed various topics like emergency, water crisis and International Yoga Day.
In the second address, aired a week before special status was scrapped from Jammu and Kashmir, he had said "those who spread hatred will never succeed in their nefarious plans".
Here are the highlights of PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat address:
- Yesterday, the entire country celebrated the birth of Lord Krishna on the auspicious day of Janmashtami. One can find answers to today's problems in the life of Shri Krishna.
- India is preparing for a mega festival and the world is talking about it- October 2nd, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The spirit of service has been an inseparable part of Mahatma Gandhi's life.
- Gandhi Ji focused on community service and community mobilisation. Do visit places associated with Gandhi Ji and share experiences with others.
- When we celebrate Mahatma Gandhi's 150th anniversary we'll not only be dedicating to him an open defecation free India but also kick starting a mass movement for making India plastic free.
- Let birth anniversary of Gandhi Ji serve as an inspiration for all of us to curb single-use plastic
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.
NDTV Beeps – your daily newsletter